Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Poppy Drive

     I'm in this group called St. Johns Ambulance and it's basically like air cadets or cubs. We have meetings every Friday and we learn about first aid. You can sign up for duties and get duty hours. I decided to get some duty hours by doing the poppy drive. We basically stand out in the streets and give people poppies by donation. I didn't get much donations though. I got about $20 but I guess that was still pretty nice. It seemed like the smallest kids got the most customers. I wish I was really really short so I'd be mobbed by people for poppies but I guess being short has its disadvantages too. I did see all sorts of people walk by. Mostly old adults donated. My friend got a $20 bill from one guy and I was just amazed. My friend wasn't small either. Okay so maybe it wasn't all about age. We stood in the streets of Kerrisdale for like 2 hours. It was tiring but at least I got cookies and hot chocolate after. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment